SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Life experiences

User
14 years ago

I found out something about myself this last weekend from family. In 1966 May 8, Mothers day, a friend and I rode our motorcycles to Big Bear to watch the dog sled races. On the return trip it rained and a car came across the yellow line tagging my foot peg directing me into a pickup truck behind him. The result was a concussion, bruised kidney and compound fracture of the right lower leg.

While laying beside the road with the leg over the guard rail I was aware for short instances and still remember the face of a pretty lady holding my hand. I was out cold the rest of the first week in the hospital in the mountains with short spells of awareness. Then I was transported to a hospital in Whittier where I spent 6 weeks recovering.

Turns out the pretty lady holding my hand left with her family after the ambulance came and they had an accident a few miles up the road. She was in the hospital on the mountain when I was there but I never knew or saw her again. According to my brother and sisters she lost a leg in that accident.

My family apparently visited her and up till this weekend thought I knew all of this. My brother mentioned it last weekend and we were all talking on skype the other night and my sisters said they thought I knew about it. I did not know for over 40 years and still wonder about the face that has haunted me for all this time.

I called this morning to the hospital in Arrowhead and left a message for the records person. So the search begins for closure and an opportunity to thank and connect with some one of significance in my life that I always thought there was no way to contact.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH
More Discussions