SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parafly9

Updates on dire water situation

parafly9
16 years ago

Well I am keeping the seed bed BaRELY moist. I checked it this morning and it feels DAMP, so that's good, right? It definatley is'nt wet, unfortunately, but I think I will be able to keep it damp for the next few weeks. I doubt I'll be abale to really soak it unless we get some good rain but at least the bed isn't dry.

I orodred 20 more pounds of the Midnight II / Bedazzled / moonlight blend yesterday. I can't belive how expensive seedsuperstore is. I paid $170 there for 2 pounds shipped. I paid $240 from Pawnee Buttes and that was for 50 pounds. Unfortunately Pawnee buttes ran out of Midnight...

Anywho. today is a little shady which is a godsend. I'm hoping to soak my lawn a little more and if I can avoid some evaporation that will help immensely.

Been a couple stressfull days but I think I will be OK.

I'm curious as to walking on the seedbed - I saw you said it was OK for the first couple days but once sprouts happened you should stay off of it. I have an island of plants in the middle of my yard that I installed post-irrigation so as these plants are new I more or less need to get out there to water these plants. I did it yesterday... I'm expecting to probably see my first sprouts around Sunday / Monday next week if all goes well. Will I be OK to walk across it a little? I hate dragging the hose but I really have no other options.

Comments (12)