SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ssi6

Yearly plan for St. Augustine

ssi6
11 years ago

I'm frustrated with my lawn. I need a good yearly plan for fertilizing. I've never been consistent with it and it's showing.

I've owned the house for 11 years. I took good care of the lawn until we moved out after 5 years and then rented it out. Of course all the renters did was water it and mow it. We moved back into the home 2 1/2 years ago and for the past 3 summers I've been trying to take back my lawn. It was 2/3 grass and 1/3 weeds when we moved back. Then cinch bugs ate half of my backyard. This past spring, I put down 100 pieces of sod and it still needs 100 more.

Ever since moving back there's been a spot in my front yard with clover or something in it that I've never been able to get rid of. Three weeks ago I sprayed some more Weed-B-Gone and now all of those areas are covered with brown grass. I've also got dandelions, a little crabgrass, and a good variety of who-knows-what in the back yard where the bugs ate the grass.

Does anyone have a good, 12 month plan for St. Augustine? I live in north FL near the coast. Thank you.

Comments (3)