SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardnergal

providing different light areas inside greenhouse

gardnergal
16 years ago

I recently built a 10x12 Harbor Freight gh, and plan to populate it with my growing orchid collection. I have angraecum; vanda; many catts., phals., and dendro. phals; dencrochilum; bulbophyllums; paphs and phrags; one zygopetalum; encyclia; sophronitis; brassia; jumellea; laelia purp.; dgmra. 'skywalker'; miltoniopsis; odontocidium; vanilla planifolia; Rhyncholaelia Digbyana; Phaiocalanthe "Kryptonite"; and a few cymbidiums from my outdoor collection which seem to need a bit more TLC.

Everything except the Phalaenopsis are inside already. I have Aluminet 50% shadecloth over the outside.

I have been hesitant to put the Phals in before creating an area with lower light levels than the rest get. There doesn't seem to be one area which has naturally lower light, so I am looking for a way to create one for them, the paphs and bulbophyllums, at least.

If anyone has ideas about usign either a free-standing panel (which wouldn't considerably increase the heat) or other method of a making a shadier area, I could use some advice.

Ann

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville