SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nelljean

Moving Inside the Greenhouse for Winter

Nell Jean
14 years ago

As a cool wind blew from the north, cuttings were taken and begonias and other tender plants came inside. A clump of lemon grass was dug for the cat to chew.

The fountain, which was on the floor last year, is on a shelf where the dog can't drink from it. She gets trash in the fountain and clogs the pump.

The fountain adds a pleasant sound and maybe a little humidity.

Cuttings of Porterweed, alternanthera, white shrimp plant and Persian Shield are in containers of water.

I potted a pot of cardamon ginger just for the fragrance, and two pots of Alpinia for the appearance and two of Black Magic colocasia.

Ground ginger, tibouchina and firecracker plant continue to bloom. Last year the epiphyllums bloomed after they came inside.

Tiny cuttings are tucked here and there. You would think I didn't expect to be able to find begonias next year, but I enjoy the way begonias bloom their way through the whole winter.

Ike the Cat has already pushed pots off the north bench, so that area is left bare for now except for a heavy pot of Night Blooming Cereus he can't push over. Ike's bed is over behind the large pots at the end where the dog can't reach him.

This is the bamboo tray we use for lunch, photo from last year.

I'm grateful to have running water, electricity and a warm place out of the wind and rain on cold days.

Nell

Comments (13)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor