SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

Lighting inside wood hood area / Davidtay?

oldbat2be
11 years ago

We just mounted the Philips EW Cove Powerprofile LED UCL lights, on the runs under the cabinets to the left and the right of our cooktop area. DH hasn't connected the two together yet/ completed the wiring (so now's the time for any changes).

We have a 55" custom wood hood with a liner between the two runs. This comes out about 34" from the back wall and has 3 halogen lights in it, which are sufficient for lighting the cooking surfance. I am concerned about how different the tiled backsplash will look, under the sections lighted by LED UCL, and the hood area.

My question is this: should I add another run of the LED lights, along the inside front of the hood, to illuminate the backsplash area, in the 55" section? It would be great to have all three sections on the same dimmer and now's the time to do it.

I have a ~1" lip which could be used for this. The strips would need to be mounted against the inside front of the wood hood vs. inside top, if that makes sense, which is different from how they are mounted under the cabinets.

Cabinet runs:

Hood liner with proposed location of led strip:

{{!gwi}}

Thanks in advance as always.

Here is a link that might be useful: UCL specs

Comments (4)