SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quote July 25, 2009

User
14 years ago

"Everything I was, everything I had, all of it died that night. I don't have anything left to give."

"And that is exactly what you must give up. Yes, you have lost much, endured much, sacrificed greatly, but you cling to the memory of your sacrifices, of all the things you have lost or left behind. They drag behind you, like chains of your own making. They can have a terrible power over you, Marcus. The power of grief, and loss, and regret. Yes, you have let go of the people, the places, the things, but you have not let go of the pain. You have not forgiven yourself."

"For what?"

"Being alive."

-- Marcus and Delenn in Babylon 5:"Ceremonies of Light and Dark"

"The theory is: if you are separated from yourself, you start walking and you keep walking until you meet yourself. Then you sit down and have a long talk. You talk about everything that you've learned, everything that you .. felt. And you talk until you run out of words. Now, that's vital, because the real important things can't be said. And then, if you are lucky, you look up and there's just you, and you can go home."

-- Dr. Franklin to Garibaldi in Babylon 5:"Walkabout"

"Every day, here and at home, we are warned about the enemy. But who is the enemy? Is it the alien? Well, we are all alien to one another. Is it the one who believes differently than we do? No, not at all, my friends. The enemy is fear. The enemy is ignorance. The enemy is the one who tells you that you must hate that which is different. Because, in the end, that hate will turn on you. And that same hate will destroy you."

-- Rev. Dexter in Babylon 5:"And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place"

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying."

-- G'Kar to Sheridan in Babylon 5:"Objects in Motion"

"We believe that no race can be truly intelligent without laughter."

-- Delenn to Sheridan in Babylon 5:"A Race Through Dark Places"

Rhubarb is a metaphor for finding happiness in your own back yard.

Prairie home companion.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions