SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunflowersrus222

Phalaenopis help! Can I save it?

sunflowersrus222
10 years ago

I got my very first Phalaenopis for mothers day. I have zero experience with them. I followed the instructions that came with it saying to water it by putting in 3 ice cubes once a week on top of the bark/mixture. Today I noticed 3 of the leaves were yellow and fell off. I quickly got on youtube and saw how to care for them. I lifted my Phalaenopis up only to find a large puddle of water under the pot. So its over watered and I'm afraid the roots are rotting. I quickly took it out of the secondary outer pot and held it over the sink to drain....boy did it drain. Now I have it sitting on top of pebbles that are inside a bowl so it can continue to drain. It still has 2 large leaves left and several blooms. The remaining leaves are still a nice dark green. Did I catch this in time? Do you think it will make it? I'm beside myself since this was a present from my daughter and I absolutely love it. I understand that it won't bloom forever and that it is probably nearing the end of its blooming time. I just don't want to lose my entire plant.

Comments (2)