SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quirkpod

my garden so bad, the garden tour people rejected it!

Lavoie Boho
17 years ago

I just had to tell someone, I feel so humiliated. Last March, our little town's newspaper announced its first annual garden tour hosted by the Beautification Committee. I immediately called Town Hall to sign up. My garden is a thing of beauty to me, with 150 ft long perennial border and square potager garden against the back of house full of herbs, flowers and veggies. They took my name, number, and address and said that someone would call me. 3 months later, a lady from the Beaut Commity called me to thank me, on my answering machine, and said to call back for more info. I did and left a message on her machine saying I had no questions and will be ready on June 10th for the tour, but also invited her to come see the garden, as it was now blooming its head off (May 15). She never called back and she never put my address on the list of gardens on the tour. But she DID put 10 other gardens ALL in UPSCALE new mini-mansion neighborhoods. AHEM! I am beginning to see that they did not want a 50-yr old house on one acre in the country in an old neighborhood. Somebody please come see my garden. So I put up my own sign and had my own garden tour. Some very nice people showed up. THank you.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
More Discussions