SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
west9491

further prevention of leaf septoria

west9491
13 years ago

ok, so a week or two ago i applied a copper sulfate garden dust to combat the leaf spot septoria onn my tomatoes. I haven't really saw the plants get better, but, they're really not getting worse. so that is a good thing for me.

What I need to know now is what I need to do from here on out to prevent them from getting it again, both this year and for the years to come:

1. Since I know that the problem will still be in the soil next year, when I plant my tomatoes, I'm going to immediately mulch soil with cardboard/newspaper and straw to keep the fungus from access my plant.

2. I DID plant my tomatoes in a different row this year than last year, I did notice a little of this problem last year. How far away should tomatoes be planted away from infected row?

3. Corn meal is supposed to combat bad fungus by growing its own good ones. Will applying this now, or even next year before planting ever combat the septoria?

4. I am going to have another soil test done so i can perfect the health of my soil so the fungus doesn't bother plants as much.

so what am i missing?

Comment