SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gladgrowing

another roundup problem

16 years ago

I have grown my garden strictly with organic methods for so many years, and feel very good about that effort. Now, i run into a problem that i cannot see any way around. 25 years back, the owners planted A single Wisteria behind our home, near the woods that surround the place. It never bloomed for them, and there it was. Now, it has taken over about 200 feet of forest behind us and is just going crazy. I can see no other way to be shed of it than to use roundup over a large area :( This area is about200 feet from our main gardens, so drift won't be a problem there. The masses of roots are meshed all atop the ground many feet away from the vines that are running happily up the white and black pines - and all other hardwoods there -going up about 30 feet into the trees. Do you think that roundup will even take care of this rampant pest? I can envision wisteria like the dreaded Kudzu that is taking over so many areas, and do not want to leave this behind in life on this lovely land. Will roundup do the trick, or am i barking up the wrong tree by asking on this forum? It pains me to even think of using the product.

Thanks for advice,

Glad

Comments (42)