SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 18 June 2008

rob333 (zone 7b)
15 years ago

I'm bored bored bored. Yea! I've longed to be bored since about mid-March. During summer many of the activities at work are curtailed as it's an academic institution. So I get caught up on everything, and then some. Really caught up. So I'm bored bored bored. Shoot I'm even considering overhauling the contracts filing cabinet which papers explode out of whenever you open the drawer (I've been sneaking up on it, ready to pounce and run) for the past few months. I didn't want to take summer classes so no school. Yea! We're puttering around the house, but that's only on weekends. It doesn't interfere with days at work. I've been catching up on personal reading before work and at lunch since I don't have to read assignments. It is so nice to choose what it is I want to do. Languorous summer. Yesterday I emptied every email out of my inbox and outbox. The follow up file only has (and I try to keep it to single digits) 14 emails. At the end of today I imagine it'll be more like 8 or so. I stayed indoors and totally regretted it once the day ended. It was so wonderfully cool and breezy not like the early heatwave we've been having. Which by the way, I found it ironic that the Northeast went into panic mode a couple of weeks ago when they reached the nineties. It take us to 115 degree range to do what they were with the air conditioners and curtailing activity. But it's reciprocal for the snow days we have here. Panicking over a dusting of snow by closing schools and scrambling to the store for french toast parties. I digress. I called Ed up and said, why aren't we outside? You are outside. No, why aren't we outside... on a patio, with a drink in our hands? We went to Chili's because it was margarita time. Candace was there and we got to talk. She's funny. Taking it easy in the breeze. LF had made slime at summer camp (mad scientist) and I thought of crazy Michelle. Over the weekend, he remembered the "sound making" (she'll know) slime she brought just for him in Kentucky. I had to shake my head at that crazy lady whose made my life happier just by her presence. Hope she's doing ok in light of all that's going on 'round her.

One more day and we'll be back on budget! There will be spending money and grocery shopping can commence. Now I can make for dinner whatever I want. Let's see? There must be crab, crab, and more crab! Or maybe tarragon chicken or chicken piccata or... gotta go narrow it down to make a grocery list and check it twice!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions