SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Over Night Musin's

endorphinjunkie
16 years ago

Sometimes you know you're going to have a sleepless night. Might as well not fight it. But the night time is not a bad time, at least for me. I've done some of my better thinking during this time of day, day, so to speak. There are little or no distractions. The mind wanders at first, but after only a bit of wandering, the mind becomes clear and throw off any unnecessary thoughts. It's a time of clear headed concentration. It's not a labourious type of concentration, though. It's as if the mind is perfectly at peace and perfectly working. There is no need to rush a thought, but it just seems that they run their course naturally. There very little in the way of night sounds to distract oneself with. If one wants to be distracted then one only has to wander outside and view the night sky. I find it pleasing that I still, even at my age, can look at the night sky with the eyes of a child. If the moon is not in phase to show all night, then one only has to look to the planets that slowly meander through the night sky, or look for the familiar constellations that for all partical purposes never change, or we will never notice the change in our life times. I'm in the mood for some music: thinking music, intelligent music. If my turn table were working, I would definitely listen to The Year of the Cat. But it's not so I will make do with youtube. Don't know what happened to Al Stewart along the way, but tonight a couple of his songs have popped into my head. The one above and this one calledOn The Border. I'm not too worried, much, about a sleepless night. I may drag a bit tomorrow, but I will manage I have before, and when it happens again in the future, I will do the same.

Now I believe I will listen to Mahler. Not to purge any demons that might be on hand, but to simply get into that particular mindset that his music produces. The mind set that his music produces is as unique as his music is. I don't need youtube for that as I have a few of his cds.

Hmm, I have mused a bit more than usual. Perhaps it's the melantonin tablet I took earlier when I still thought I could sleep tonight.

Elia

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction
More Discussions