SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
semper_fi

OK Ponders! Drop Your Rocks & Grab Your Socks...

semper_fi
18 years ago

It's time for the 2nd annual Pond Forum Super Bowl Pool. I realize that 99% of you are NOT football fans and that's okay because last year, by most accounts, even the most uninterested of participants said they had fun with this game. So before clicking the BACK button, look at the grid below and pick 2 numbers:

{{gwi:164535}}

HOW IT WORKS

After all 100 squares are picked, I will use a computer generated randomizer to assign a unique number from 0 to 9 to each column and each row (where you currently see the '?' marks). These numbers will represent the last digit of the score of the game on Feb. 5th. So for example, let's say that you have decided to pick squares 13 & 77 and after assigning random numbers the grid ends up {{gwi:164534}}. For this example, lets also assume that the football Gods decide to smile at me and the final score turns out to be:

Pittsburgh Steelers: 37

Seattle Seahawks: 21

In this example, since square #13 bears the winning combination of 7 & 1, then you win one of the 2 prizes.

PRIZES:

There will be 2 winners in this game (though technically it is possible that the same person can win twice). The square with the correct half-time score will win $20. The square with the correct final score will win $25. Also, a new twist for this year will be that IF the Steelers win the game, I will gladly double the prize of the final score to $50 (half-time prize will remain the same). That may coax a few into an unlikely cheer for the Good GuysÂ! :-)

The winners can choose from the following prizes:

*A donation on your behalf to the charity of YOUR choice

*Gift certificate to 123ponds.com

*Gift certificate to eBay.com

*Gift certificate to amazon.com

A NOTE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY: I respect your reserved® rights to privacy. If the winners opt for a gift certificate, I will need a private email with only a first and last name and an email address to complete the transaction. If you feel more comfortable, this can be the name/email of your 3rd cousin 4 times removed. I really don't care who it is as long as you feel confident you can get your gift from that individual.

I will update the grid every evening. If you inadvertently pick a square that's already occupied by someone else, you will be assigned the closest available square. I would prefer to keep this game exclusively for members of GW Pond Forum but if more participation is needed, later this week I may open this up to members of an internet network that I'm involved with for my business.

So pick your 2 numbers and good luck!

Comments (119)