SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Sunday's Musin'

endorphinjunkie
14 years ago

It's been a wet spring and this weekend is no exception. I don't really mind sailing or kayaking in the rain, but do draw the line when boomers are about. So the only exercise I've had this weekend is on the bicycle when there has been a short spell of ride-able weather each day. Weather for tomorrow is forecast to be the same as today and the same as yesterday and many days this spring.

The school were I work is adjacent to the local airport. I do consider that fortuitous. I can spend lunch time admiring the planes and such. Such as this beauty that made a stop on last Wednesday.

{{gwi:160681}}

The fortune of working adjacent to the airport has lost some of it's charm. Yesterday two pilots were practicing flyby's and collided in mid air. They happened to be over the school side of the airport rather that the other side, which is nothing but a cotton field. One plane made a safe landing but the other plane crashed onto the front lawn of the Math/Science building. That just happens to be the building were I work. The pilot didn't make it. Luckily the school was closed for the holiday and no one but the security staff was at school.

Story.

With this weather there's not much to do excect read, watch a dvd, or cook. Methinks I'll cook. I have learnt how to bake a potato on my barbecue grill so will cook outside today. I think I will make some kind of pineapple/pork concoction and serve that over a bed of rice. I will have a glass of homemade sangria with it. It suits my tropical mood at the moment.

Methinks I need to build an outdoor kitchen. Cooking indoors in the summer increased the power bill. It takes electricity to cook, and more electricity to cool down the kitchen from all the cooking.

Off to reasearch plans for outdoor kitchens. The web makes it ever so easy.

If I get too bored, I may end up doing some writing. I guess I am in a monsoonal mode, which is just as well, hurricane season kicks off next week.

Elia

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions