SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Griping and complaining

gandle
13 years ago

About the weather this spring. I believe I remember one nice day where it actually got up in the low 60's all the rest the highs are in the low 50's and 40's with the lows in the low 30's and mid 20's. George was saying he didn't mind the cold so much but the combination of high winds and cold made it extremely uncomfortable. Don't believe there has been a day in the last 4 or 5 weeks where the wind speed hasn't been well above 25 mph and many days even into the 50's. Enough complaing, we still have enough firewood but it is shrinking quite quickly. Oh yes, it is supposed to snow tomorrow, not a lot but the weather bureau definetly said snow for Wednesday.

Other news, got George out of the hospital last Friday, he had been there since Monday. He always has had low blood pressure but this time it was ridiculous, 60 over 45 or some such numbers he kept passing out. He had a transfusion, I don't know how many bottles of saline solution they dripped in him plus a lot of other things, said his blood electrolites (sp) were way off. Don't pretend to know anything about blood chemistry but now he is home and says he is feeling fairly well but he sure is weak. Took his blood pressure this morning and it was 95 over 55 and we were well pleased that is near what it usually is.

I finally gave in and decided to quit the greeting card company, gave them notice that May 31 will be my last day, really rather enjoyed doing this but didn't care for the drive in winter. George kept telling me, youre 81 and you have been working for them since you retired 11 years ago, time to quit. I suppose so and there are lots of things I would like to get done.

Really hadn't intended to run my mouth on so long but I guess I did anyway.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus
More Discussions