SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runninginplace

Kitchenaid v. Jennair Built In Refrigerators

runninginplace
13 years ago

Searching for a true intregrated refrigerator for my remodel. It's a splurge, but also a priority because it will hugely impact the look of a long galley kitchen. Other constraints are: has to be a side by side, no water/ice through the door. Clearance is a big issue too. Refrigerator will be at the end of a run, with only a 9" pullout broom closet between the fridge and wall.

I was ready to finalize an order for the Kitchenaid 42" SXS model KSS042FTX. It's integrated, right configuration and no water/ice. And, $2500 less than comparable SZ!

And then...at the appliance dealer I was shown the Jennair 42" SXS model JS42NXFSDW. The salesman/owner said that it is identical to the Kitchenaid with the exception of the hinge set up. And, he told me that hinge makes a difference in terms of how the refrigerator can be installed in a tight space.

So, I'm trying hard to figure out if it is worth the extra $1000 to get the Jennair, or whether the Kitchenaid will work as well for less. ANY input or suggestions or experience is very welcome. If I have to spend extra to get what I really want, I will. But if I can do the built-in look for less...hey, what's not to love about that?!

Thanks in advance.

Comments (15)