SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Running out of ways to use them

gandle
12 years ago

We are taking care of a friends place while they are gone for 5 days. will be back Monday. They asked us to see that their chickens had water and to make sure the feeders were full. She said "keep the eggs, give them away or do what you want". We do use quite a few eggs but are getting an average of 22 per day. There are always some green ones and even a couple of little ones. A couple of bantams are with the rest. These are just hobby chickens and I have no idea how many varieties they have. Some are really beautiful. There are I think 3 she called porcelains, really pretty

We are eating scrambled eggs, making custards. Neither of us likes angel food cake so that is out. Any ideas for using a surplus of eggs. We have given quite a few away but still have 2 days to collect them.

They are so good fried when the white stands up firm against the yoke.

We have to see that the cat herd has food too. They are barn cats, not really friendly but are curious about us too and don't run away, just stand back and watch. Think I counted 8 cats.

These friends live in the country but are not really farmers but they have a lot of outbuildings and really good chicken houses. Oh, yes, he has a lot of roller pigeons still in their winter quarters. When he lets them fly it is fun to see them roll in the air. They always seem to keep an eye on home base and don't stray too far. I would guess they have at least 50 roller pigeons.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions