SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Breakfast

gandle
14 years ago

Was happy to see the last of the box of MaltaMeal used up this A.M. Yeah, I like Malt O-Meal O.K.

but it seemed like the box was self filling and would never run out. Leone bought an extra large box on a sale and we've been eating it forever it seems.

Maybe tomorrow I can have a couple of poached eggs and some toasted home made bread, maybe even a slice or 2 of bacon. Maybe not quite as healthful but at 83 who cares.

When I was a kid my grandfather ate enormous breakfasts, often pork chops and oatmeal at the same meal followed usually by a piece of pie. Sometimes there were a couple of eggs in there too. Of course the work he did was tremendously hard and exhausting and he always came in hungry when grandma rang the dinner bell at noon. Everything was fried in our home rendered lard but grandad certainly wasn't a heavy or even slightly fat. Dinner at noon was always huge but the evening meal very light.

With meals so heavy and what we now would consider unhealthy, grandad managed to live until 90.

If we could get real leaf lard I wouldn't mind trying it , maybe I could make 90.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional
More Discussions