SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwoods_gw

many years of marriage

mwoods
17 years ago

Well,tomorrow we've been married 42 years and I know George and Leone have an anniversary on Wednesday and they have us beat. There is something very comforting about being with a spouse for a long long time. I remember the years of never knowing exactly what to expect because it was still so new and much time was spent adjusting,compromising,evening out some rough patches,and rejoicing in the pleasant surprises of marriage and all it had to offer in those early years. Now the rough patches are less so because we know how to tackle them together.I know what makes him happy and what makes him not so happy in things that arise on a day to day basis,I know what foods he loves and which ones he doesn't and when I experiment in the kitchen,I can almost guess how he will react. I like our marriage and what it has become. In the long ago past there were times I just wanted to say,"oh poop,this isn't worth all that work." Heck..it sounds as if this whole post is about gardening too,doesn't it? Maybe marriage really is like a big old garden...some you tend and keep at it until it turns out pretty well,and others you finally just plow under because you know it won't work.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions