SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
love_savannah

Strange Vine & Seedlings - Help with ID

love_savannah
14 years ago

Hello from beautiful Savannah, GA. Yet again, I need help with a couple of IDs.

(1.) Just what I needed, another vine that's climbing all over everything else. I don't see any thorns on it. It's probably another invasive weed. I reviewed GA's invasive vines list and didn't see anything similar. I Goog'd vine images until my eyes hurt. A passiflora was the closest in leaf shape. WOW...if only!!! I'm very familiar with Maypops and this vine is totally different. The stems and leaves are delicate looking on the vines pictured.

I just wondered if I should add this one to my list of plants that I've declared war on in the woods across the street. My list thus far: Wisteria, Honeysuckle, English Ivy, Greenbriar and Muscadine Grapes. {{gwi:188501}}

{{gwi:188503}}

(2.) I'm finding a lot of these little seedlings in my flower beds. I'm hoping they're Prunus serotina, Black Cherry which is a tree in the woods that this forum identified for me earlier. We do have one Photinia (Red Tip) in the back yard that survived. It kind of reminds me of that. Honestly, I don't see how anybody can tell when they're this small.

{{gwi:188504}}

{{gwi:188505}}

{{gwi:188506}}

Thank you all so much.

Bon

Comments (10)