SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

We don't know what to do.

15 years ago

I've mentioned before that we have a big beautiful orange cat that spends his days in our back yard. Running to greet us when we are out and being the nicest, friendliest cat I ever saw. Of course, Spook, our cat detests him even though his would like to be friends with her.

Leone, yesterday talked to the people that we thought actually owns the cat and they confirmed it, they do although not of their choosing. Seems their daughter rescued this cat as an abandoned tiny sick kitten and she and the vet nursed it back to a big healthy cat.

They really don't want him because their other cat fights with him all the time and their daughter is some 500 miles away and can't have cats where she is staying. They do feed him and see that he gets his shots. She asked Leone, "Do you want him"? If I had been there I would have blurted out "of course" although I have no idea how we could do that. He absolutely couldn't be in the house with Spook. They said they shut him in their garage every night. Their garage is connected to the house and I don't suppose it gets as cold as our separate garage or shop. Wonder if I built him a nice insulated padded box if he could live with us in my shop. Or perhaps I could shut one cat in the basement at night and let the other upstairs.

Would hate to guess how many cats we have had in the last 61 years but its been quite a few. I have never had one get to me like this big orange fellow. I've been calling him Pierre because when he meows it is almost like he is saying "Oui".

Comments (14)

Sponsored
More Discussions