SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leeters

What do we do with these spaces?

2 years ago

Hello. My family and I moved into our house last November and we are struggling to figure out what to do with two spaces. Either of them could be the dining room, but then we don't know what to do with the other space.
We tend to be on the minimalist side when it comes to furnishing and decorating (I'm procrastinating here). The idea of buying furniture just to fill a space or create a look makes me uncomfortable, but I'm feeling like we might have to do that. Sure, if we put a sofa in one of the spaces it will get used, but I've never lived in a house with two before and it just seems silly to me. I think I need to relax my ideas about what makes sense. Anyway, I know this post is a bit ramble-y, but I guess that just shows you my frame of mind when it comes to these spaces. Does anyone have any ideas for what we could do? Where should we put the dining table? Should we have a breakfast table in one room and a dining table in the other? Should we buy a loveseat? Help!
A few things to note about the pictures: when our new sofa was delivered, we temporarily moved the old one into one of the rooms we're trying to figure out. We're buying a dining table soon. We plan on moving the books to another space where we will mount some shelves on the wall.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm