SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

legal question-false police reporting

rob333 (zone 7b)
15 years ago

Why can't I sue for harrassment Ed, or bring charges for filing a false report? I am not; I am just furious. Here's how it went.

Friday at 5:06PM, Jim called me to say Ed promised not to play the trick on me he did any more, calling me on my way to class one county over, and at the last second, telling me to get someone else to pick LF up. He also said I needed to let him see LF on Mondays, since he had been seeing him. I acquiesced, saying, ok, but he needs to give me days, not minutes, notice. Jim passed it along. When he called back to tell me the update, he said, "Ed is going to get LF on Saturdays from 9AM-3PM so as not to interfere with his job." Ok. On Saturday, at 3:06PM, knowing his downfall, I texted him saying, "How much longer?" otherwise hell just keep right on doing whatever heÂs doing. The phone rang and it was LF, not Ed, on the other end. "Mom, dad says if you want me, come get me from TPAC." "LF, put daddy on the phone." (I was angry he was late, hadnÂt dropped him at the house, and interrupted my midterm studying). Skate, skate, skate, looking, skate, skate, skate. "Mom? I canÂt find him." "Hang up the phone, find him, and tell him to call me. IÂm on my way." I got there at 3:28PM. I put my car in the emergency lane, put on my flashers, and raced over to the truck. I flung the door open and there was no Ed, or LF. Frantic, I dialed the number again. Then I saw him. He was skating up and down the street. No Ed! I yanked his hand and flew across the street saying, "I canÂt believe he left you on the streets of downtown Nashville unsupervised!!!!" I call him. "Ed, I canÂt believe you left him out here unsupervised." "I could see him every moment." click, I hung up. I decided IÂd cool down and talk when he was cooler too.

I headed to LoganÂs to relax and cool down. My phone rings. "Hello? Is this Mrs. X?" "Yes" "This is the Nashville Police department. Are you at home?" "No, I stopped for a drink at LoganÂs." "We need you to pull over so we can talk to you and see that your son is ok because your husband has filed a missing personÂs report." Shock! Why am I shocked that he'd do something so low? Stupid me, it's typical. He thinks he has the police at his beckon call because he knows a handful of them for his job. "Ok, but tell the officer I am out front. IÂm white, wearing blue jeans and red striped shirt." My motherly instinct and criminal justice mind has taken over. I see the police car headed for me. I wave at it. I stretch out my hand to Officer Acevedo greeting him, saying, "Robin X." So he knows heÂs in the right place. He nods. I ask if I can tell my side of the story without hearing EdÂs, so it doesnÂt look like I am trying to refute the stupidity, only telling what I know (criminal justice mind in overdrive). I tell it. When I finish, he says he wants to see LF to know he's ok. I get him and say, "Tell Officer Acevedo whatever he wants to know." Having kept him inside sheltered him from the trauma at least some (especially if it blew up), and from having my story influence his. His story matches mine to a T. I end it with, "Did you ever find daddy?" "No." Officer Acevedo looks at me after talking on his radio and says, "Ed told them that you snatched (his word!) LF right from behind him and that he didnÂt know where you went." Angry glare "You just heard what LF said." He leaves doing nothing to me since it is obvious that Ed lied his a- off!

So how does he get to get away with this? Albeit, it may affect his custody, it sure inconvenienced me. I cannot believe it isn't illegal to do! What a waste of the officer's precious time. ugh.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
More Discussions