SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Don't get me wrong, I love police officers!

rob333 (zone 7b)
15 years ago

Really, I do. But I end up in the middle of yet another police action, I'm gonna puke my brains out! My mom has worked for the THP(some of whom I got to know), many of my friends are police, my major was/and then my minor is Criminal Justice Administration. I love to watch America's Most Wanted, Inside American Jail, Cops, and Speeders. LF is figuring out from watching people how easy it is to tell when someone is lying and that drugs are the root of so many crimes (and, yea! to avoid them). I adore and love law enforcement. But I am tired of seeing them lately. From Ed lying to them a couple of weeks ago, and I had to deal with the fallout (the report was closed out as "unfounded" by the way. And he's the person who reported it, so unfounded on his part is good enough for me), to last week when I was on vacation, sitting in the grass petting MaggieMoo when I hear "Freeze! Police! Let me see your hands!" and I shooed my handyman inside and got LF away from the windows while they tackled the dude across the way, I am sick of them.

Last night is the straw that broke my cop back for awhile. I was on my way to my terrorism class taught by a Major in the local police department. As I approached our main student building (where the post office is, the bookstore, the grill, you know, the hangout), everyone was stopping in their tracks. Silly me, I assume it's another nearing the end of the semester and good weather is here impromptu concerts, until I hear "Ma'am, I need for you to go behind this building", and look over to see a city police officer holding a rifle complete with shots all down the casing. Then I look over and see every entrance of the KUC covered by city, county, and university police officers all holding weapons. I decide at that point, maybe my classroom which is way over there, lacks windows, and is encased in concrete might be a better place to be (in order to avoid flying bullets!). I get there and Major A is over talking with the police officers. I don't get my RaveAlert (started shortly after the Viginia Tech massacre) text message because, duh!, I turned off text messaging ability recently, but everyone else does. There is a man with a gun in the KUC. When Major comes back he confirms the message is right, says we're safer in here, and that we'll have class, but cut it short so we can go home. If everyone agrees. Heck yes we agreed. I think I sped all the way home.

Here is a link that might be useful: KUC gunman

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions