SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtdiver_gw

Your favorite coffee cup

dirtdiver
16 years ago

Do you have a favorite coffee cup? How old is it? What does it look like? I have many small and unprovable theories--and one of them is that one's choice of coffee cup is telling, at least in small ways. Mine is from 1984, when I got my first grown-up job after college. No logos, just a very '80s-looking arrangement of red stripes. Classic mug-size. Nothing special, but it's got history--I think what it says about me is mostly about my age, and closer reading probably also says that I'm the kind of person who doesn't like logos or sayings on my stuff. I think I finally have to throw it away, because the bottom of the inside is scraped grey, which makes me think my coffee might be a little too leaded now. I'm having a really hard time tossing it. That's typical too.

My German father-in-law had one from the '60s with folky (volky??) little mushrooms on it. My outwardly mild accountant father has one that proudly announces to people that, really, inside, he's a little twisted. I once had a professor whose cup read, "It's better to be p****ed off than p****ed on," and he liked to relate the unfortunate field-trip camping incident that led him to buy the cup.

So what are you drinking out of?

Comments (24)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions