SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bob8_gw

Finally a score at Trader Joes

bob8_gw
13 years ago

I live in N.Y. and although there are Trader Joes listed in N.Y. non are anywhere close to me. My daughter lives in Mass and not to far from her home is a Trader Joes. Last summer was my first time visiting this store. They had many NOID orchids on sale at very reasonable prices. Even though I've been growing for many years, I couldn't resist and bought one for myself and one for my daughter and her partner. This last Sunday we were visiting them again and I told them I wanted to go back and get some more jelly. We entered the store and they only had 1 phal and 2 cybidiums. One was off white and one was a pick. I've never bought a cymbidium in bloom before. In the past I've bought out of bloom cymbidiums and tried to rebloom them. I've never been sucessful, even though I leave them outside until frost hits hard. This plant was marked at an unbeleivable $23. I snaped it up and when I got home and unpacked it from it's sleeve it turns out it had not one, not two, not even three spikes but four spikes all in full bloom. At that price even if I can't rebloom it and I end up tossing it a couple of years from now, I still couldn't have gone wrong.

Bob in Albany, N.Y.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus