SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oceanna_gw

A Scientific Bombshell Dropped This Week

oceanna
13 years ago

I didn't know where to post this, and you are probably the folks who least need to hear it -- but maybe you know people who do need to hear it? So please feel free to cross post this to other boards.

Quoted from article:

A Scientific Bombshell Dropped This Week

This week, something big happened. The Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance (FARFA) published a letter on their website, written by Dr. Don Huber to Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack. The letter detailed preliminary findings that link the herbicide Roundup and/or genetically modified Roundup Ready crops to miscarriages in animals.

Stories pop up ALL THE TIME about GMOs causing this disease or that, and usually I don't believe them. This time, Judith McGeary of FARFA (a good friend of mine) was certain that this is a big story. The findings are preliminary. But Dr. Huber found them concerning enough that he wrote to Tom Vilsack asking that a major expansion of the use of genetically modified crops (the deregulation of GE alfalfa) be postponed until more research can be done.

The letter's below, along with my own analysis of how seriously we take this. Normally, I don't put much stock in stuff like this, but I've been astounded at the reaction people who are far wiser than me have had to this. Yesterday I was talking about something else entirely to a farmer with a PhD in soil fertility and he called this letter a "game changer." If he thinks that, then this is probably something to pay attention to - and then complete the study and have it peer reviewed. But Huber's calling for caution in the meantime.

Here is a link that might be useful: A Scientific Bombshell Dropped This Week

Comments (16)