SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
instar8

I'm thinkin this is a bad omen....

instar8
16 years ago

I live in rural Indiana, at the end of a 1000ft dirt driveway, so my house is not visible from the road. My only unscheduled visitors are Jehovah's Witnesses, meter readers or the rare Redbull-stoked carload of college kids selling vacuum cleaners/magazine subscriptions.

Imagine my surprise, on this frigid snowy day, when i answered a knock at my front door, which can only be reached by a precipitous climb up very badly constructed stairs that are blocked off by a fence, with a sign that says 'dangerous stairs, please use back door,' as i'm sure even J.W.s would have no problem suiing me should they fall.

But this young fellow, in his wool coat, suit and no doubt slick-soled business shoes, was from EdwardJones (so it is written), and braved the snow and stairs to get to my modest, not-at-all-well-maintained house,looking to scare up some investment business.

Sharp kid, as soon as i mentioned my employer, he knew who handled their investments, but he couldn't beat their retirement program.

Door-to-door investment brokers? This cannot bode well.....

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions