SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momma_d_gw

Good Liquified Food Ideas?

momma_d
16 years ago

Greetings to my old pals here and a big hello to those of you that I haven't officially 'met' yet.

Have any of you ever had the lovely experience of having your jaws wired shut? My 16 year old son was the unlucky recipient of an unintentional swing by another boy Friday night. His jaw was fractured rather badly. An open fracture in the front and a closed fracture further back. He had surgery yesterday to realign and wire everything back together and his jaw is wired shut for the next six weeks. His dining pleasure is restricted to anything I can liquify enough to fit through a 60 ml syringe.

He's about 6' 2" and weighs 145lbs. He weighed 150 before this happened and really can't afford to lose a whole lot more weight. He's your typical long, lanky teenager that hasn't filled out his frame yet. I'm going up to the local GNC to ask about supplements to add to his food so I can boost calories and protein.

Anyone out there have any sage advice or similar experience to share? I'm having a hard time thinking pepperoni pizza will blend very well..........

Laurie

Comments (18)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH