SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tuezday1

Y'all need some fun- 2 brutal questions

tuezday1
18 years ago

Okay guys, I haven't been here in awhile, too busy, but since you're all good at debating life's questions, I've got 2 of them.

First, and lamest by far, a neighbor had one of my trees cut down. I don't think it was straddling our property lines. I'm fairly sure it was definitely on my side possibly by a foot or more. Nothing is going to bring the tree back, I don't even know what kind it was. It just grew fast and leafed out early blocking my view of anything behind it, good or bad. In the fall I was planning on planting a "living" fence along the back of my property line. This tree would have been a part of that. He also had every remaining tree in his back yard cut down. How should I handle this? Or should I just wait and replace it in the fall when I plant my "living" fence and keep the peace? It's really pissing me off though.

Second, and you'll love this. The ex is working for another photographer who shoots nudes of models with my body type. Thin but not anorexic, Rubenesque (curves not bones) but still in single digits. When I saw a proof of his favorite model, my first thought was OMG that could be me. The ex is willing to shoot a portfolio. This is all fine art. Anything even remotely suggestive is thrown out and never printed. By the time he is done with them, it may not even be obvious the work started out as a photo, he often paints over the top of them. His photos start at 5k and go up over 100k. Should I go for it? Keep in mind this is the world I've been living in: art, photography, models, etc., none of this is new to me or outside my comfort zone. What's different is they aren't shooting lingerie, swimsuits, or smut so the models don't have to be 20 pounds less than anorexic.

So what do you all think?

Hey, all of you that met me at the GNYOS last year, when a nude of me is hanging in MOMA, you can say you had lunch with me. Too bad I was clothed.

Laura

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor