SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane__ny

Craigs List experience

jane__ny
15 years ago

Thanks to Kevin, I got the nerve to advertise my plants last week. Put two photos in the ad, both photos were from last year. Tried to find a few group photos. Put the ad in last Thurs and got so many calls. I only ran it once.

I ran the ad in my local area but apparently it ran throughout NY as I got many calls from people in the City. I decided to plan a 'open house' today and emailed everyone my address and told them to come anytime during the day.

I had 10 people show up, sold a bunch of plants and gave a few away. Sold orchid supplies, pots etc. Even sold some old Orchid Digests and Orchids magazines (10cents).

Made approx $300.00 bucks. Still have about 60+ left and I might plan another weekend.

Most of the people where completely inexperienced. They wanted plants in bloom and I didn't have that many. Had a few Phals still blooming and some spring blooming Catts in bud. They grabbed those. No one wanted any dens or Catts not in bloom. I even printed up some photos so they could see how they would look, but no go.

It was difficult for me to let them go to people who will probably kill them. It reminded me of selling my puppies years ago. I gave the same guarantee - 'you can always bring them back and I'll refund your money.'

What a day...

Jane

Comments (16)