SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
egghead2004

Milargonite vs Soybean meal experiment

egghead2004
16 years ago

Well, since soybean meal has gone up to $12 a 50# bag, up from $9.75 last year, I decided to try something different. I've read a lot of phillies21 posts telling people to use milargonite. So I bought a few bags and a few bags of soybeanm meal. I roped of 20*125 foot strips (2500 sq/ft) in my lawn and spread 1 bag on each strip, alternating 1 strip soybean meal and the next strip milargonite.

2 weeks later and there is not a whole big difference, but the milargonite seems to have greened up a little quicker and darker after 1 week. Now things have pretty much evened out, but I can still tell the difference.

One thing I waws suprised at, the milargonite did not smell after speading and watering. The soybean had sour stinky feet smell for a few days, but nothing bad.

I'll repeat this on labor day to see what a couple months of this do, but so far I like the milargonite better. It is also cheaper and easier to get for me.

The other thing is that I am greener than ever, and at 4" high, the grass stands up straight.

Now to attack that darn clover...

Comment (1)