SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shawnlb_gw

How many Lawn-boy nuts are on here.

shawnlb
17 years ago

I just recently found this forum and I was wondering how many lawn boy nut are on here like my self? My wife thinks im sick LOL, but I love them. I don't want to bore anyone but a good friend of mine was a small engine mechanic and lived behind my granfathers house. My granddad had a 1973 d-600 lawn boy , which I still have the owners manual for, and I use to mow his lawn every weekend. I found out about Bill when the starter broke and needed fixing. I was about 9 and hung out in Bills garage all the time. I learned about small engines espically lawn boys. When I was 13 I was mowing yards and I had a cheep Murry. I wanted a Lawn boy. Bill showed me a self propeled deck and a 73 d-600 engine that needed an overhall. I built the engine put it on there and had my self a kick ass lawn mower. Then I aquired a 71 d-400 which I had up till last year when Old Green just wore out. When Bill moved he needed to get rid of some stuff, and he gave me his dads 1955 Iron Horse c-10 Lawn boy. I was 16 at that time. I still have that and I can go outside right now and it will start on the first pull. When old green went my dad said grandad on his side has a lawn boy in his shed that I can have. I don't mind useing the 55 but its only 18 inch and side discharge only. So I got it. It is an f seriesbetween im guessing 83 to about 88. The model plate came off along time ago. He took the extened rope start off. Removed the bail and cabels. put a toggle switch on the engine cover. Its self propeled. I need to clean the carb and sharped the blade but it runs great. I never had an f engine. Its finiky. Starts on the first pull but you have to prime it couple of times till it warms up. may have to jet it some. Hope I did not bore anyone on my ramblings LOL.

Comments (29)