SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oklahomagreg

new house, 1st fertilization of bermuda????

oklahomagreg
11 years ago

Yes, I read the bermuda bible. THANK YOU TEXAS WEED! As a heads up to all of you, I just completed my 3rd application of MSMA to get rid of/help control Dallis Grass in my yard. It's looking very dead, dead, dead so it's time to move to the next step. The Bermuda is looking "ok" due to the dryness but I need to know how to proceed. I see the recommendation of 1 lb of nitrogen per 1000 sq ft of lawn. Easy enough. Here's my question though. I live in Eastern Oklahoma and it's been HOT and DRY this year. Due to the dryness should I go with an organic fertilizer versus a fast acting to prevent burning? Oh, don't get me wrong. I'll water the freaking yard by hand every night if I have to. I am just finally glad to be in the position to make it look good. So, please give me recommendations on what I should use. I can't wait to green this baby up! I'm contemplating using something from Lowes that is sta-green 29-0-5, nitrogen with just a little iron. Unfortunately, I don't see how much fast acting nitrogen it has. I also have a farmers co-op close by so I can pick up something from there if that's what is best.

Comments (3)