SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m00seman

Seeding in Direct Sunlight

m00seman
16 years ago

I had to have new drain tile installed around a section of my house. The contactor dug a ditch and made the drain tile drain out to a ditch in my backyard. About 4 weeks ago I had another contactor come out and level the ground, lay top soil and then spread seed.

Well, the grass is not growing like he said it would. I have watered the lawn almost daily at dusk. The areas that are not in direct sunlight are beginning to grow. However, the areas that are in direct sunlight are only producing weeds! I have called the contractor and he said that it's because I have not watered like he instructed me too. I must admit there have been a few times that I did not water because I was out of town. But, I didn't think that would be a big deal.

How can I correct this issue? Is there a seed that will grow in direct sunlight? How can I get rid of the weeds while still grow grass? I should also add that the contractor did not put anything down after planting the seed. I have a neighbor that just planted some seed and I noticed he put hay over his seed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Ray

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living