SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Tearing Down Garage: What to do with Blue Bottle Stash?

concretenprimroses
11 years ago

Many decades ago (5 or 6?), someone built a very good small 2 car garage on top of very poor concrete foundations. The garage was so study and well built that it still lasted through many years including through mega snow storms when new buildings collapsed all over the state.

Long story short: We have to tear it down this weekend cuz new insurance Co. won't cover us otherwise. 30 years of accumulated stuff! Including a lot of useful wood and my garden stashes.
{{gwi:199409}}

Yes we live next door to a huge pink house.

Heh heh another project is the windows in the dining room which are behind interior storms so I couldn't clean them off for this photo.

We set up a tent garage and we have porches but not everything will fit.

Here's where I put the bottles that I'd been saving for a bottle tree. Along the edge of the raised beds.

{{gwi:199411}}

Fortunately the ground was warmish on Thursday, which I took off from work, and I could push them in. The round bucket shapes are frozen compost that I dumped out of the buckets we had it stored in the garage.

I'll let you know next week if I'm relieved to get rid of stuff or unhappy! I did find quite a few things I'd forgotten about.

Kathy

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus