SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
radar024

LawnBoy S21BSN starting/running problems

radar024
17 years ago

My LB model S21BSN, F series motor with a metal Walbro carb, throttle controlled choke, fast, slow and in-between settings has been hard starting since day 1 in 1990. Anyhow recently the under load RPMS went way up, probably around 3.5-4k RPM or more until the CD unit died. Seeing little use and otherwise in good shape, I decided to do a major tune-up. I replaced the CD unit and meticulously cleaned the carb blowing out the passages. I reassembled it using OEM parts. I had no spec so I left the float settings as originally set only changing the needle and seat.

Now It wants to start much easier but I can barely get it to run at all without some choke. I fiddled with the carb screw and the governor but to no avail.

HELP!

What is the starting point for the carb adjustment screw?

How do I find a starting point for the round governor's clicking black adjustment gizmo?

I adjusted the throttle cable so the choke goes from off at detent to full on with the throttle knob all the way forward at the full on choke position.

Is something else going on I have overlooked?

HELP! Someone out there with lots of LB experience must have an idea of what might be going on.

Radar

Comments (7)