SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
realestateguy_gw

Lawn Boy blade chute

RealEstateGuy
12 years ago

Re: Lawn Boy Model 4656

I have been working on my Lawn Boy for the last couple of days trying to get it running so that I can cut my lawn. I probably haven't used it but once or twice (if even that) in the last 5 years. I change the spark plug and put fresh gas in it and it started right up after the 2nd try! It smoked for about a minute and then idled fairly well.

After it ran for a few minutes, I decided to see if it would cut any of the lawn and it didn't. I have 2 problems that I was hoping that someone might know about. I noticed that the cable was broken for the arm that you hold back to begin cutting, so I figured that was the problem that was keeping the blade from cutting grass. 2nd - when I checked to see if it would cut grass, I noticed that there wasn't any regular grass blade exit chute that we usually see on regular lawnmowers. It has a chute and back that is closed and if I lift the clamp it can be opened but I thought that was for the bagger�

I do have a bagger in my garage but I don't want to bag grass at all because my lot is way too big for one and my yard hasn't been mowed in over 2 weeks, so it would be probably a dozen bags filled with grass! The only other thing that I can guess is that it mulches the grass and there is not supposed to be a chute but that does not sound right.

I can't remember the last time I mowed a lawn, so I am a real newbie at this. I know that I have got to fix the cord so that it will cut (I'm assuming that's my problem with that). But I am a bit perplexed by the grass blade chute and I'm hoping that one of the Lawn Boy Pros will know what to do and will reply to let me know. I sure hope that my model doesn't "only bag", but that does not sound right.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Derek

Comments (8)