SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
countryboy9799

How much oil for a honda gcv160?

countryboy9799
13 years ago

Hi all,

I just bought a new pressure washer at sams club and I cant figure out how much oil the engine is supposed to hold. Here is what makes it confusing. Heres what the engine's owners manual says.

Oil capacity-Dry engine holds 18.6 oz. and refill amount is 12 to 13.5 oz. It also says to use the upper mark on the dipstick.

Now the pressure washer owners manual says to fill the upper level of the oil filler neck and with 18oz. and the engine holds a total of 20oz. This manual also says it was shipped with 2oz. of oil but I actually had oil on the dipstick, had to fill it with 3oz. to bring it to the mark is all.

So after I read the engine manual quick I filled it to the dipstick and starting using it for about an hour, then came in and read it again and starting worrying I didnt have enough oil so I went out there and changed it and got about 12 to 13oz. out of it. I will post a link to a pic from the engine manual.

So my questions are,

how much oil do these engines hold?

Should I fill it to the mark on the dipstick or top of the filler tube?

Thanks

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v333/countryboy9799/?action=view&current=Oilforpressurewasher.jpg

Comments (15)