SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gsdrtop

using paperweights and vases on top spindles ?

gsdrtop
15 years ago

hi everyone , i recently signed up after stumbling upon this wonderful sight .Its been a thrill for me reading / seeing all the great things all of you are making .I thank my stars for finding this site you guys are the best .So creative .

I spent a few nights reading all post under this forum and I am biten by the junk bug too .I headed to thrift shops early this morning to gather up goodies for some of these wonderful projects shown .Thank all of you for not being stingy with your ideas and for posting the pics and sharing how to do these things .Its really great of each and every one that has done so .

I purchased crystal glass ware [ plates , platters and candle holders ] made of carnival glass ,some type of pink glass & blue glass too . Those will be be for the glass ware flower project as I will soon be attempting to make some of these for myself .

I also found a old amber paperweight that has air / glass bubbles in it and what i think is 3 white china vases with blue floral motif's printed ,they are small but rounded at bottom . When turned on their flat lips they resemble bed post toppers with a small neck & wide flat top .On way home , I found a piece of porch post in trash pile [u gotta love freebies right ?] Anyway I was thinking the vases & paperweight should go well on porch post or chair legs or spindles ? However I am asking for help to see what all of you think would be the best way to attach these objects to the wood in a way it would last the longest in elements ? Would the Ge silicone work ?

Comments (9)