SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
razzy_gw

Dying lawn..Every Year Occurance

razzy
16 years ago

Well its that time of year again where my lawn goes to heck.

Spring time till about now it "looks" good...comes June thru Agust looks "bad". My lawn turns yellow then straw among some green blades of KBG..We are about 7 inches above normal for rain as of June 1 so i dont think water is a big issue. 80% of the lawn is Sunny w/no shade..flat..dark green grass..lite green grass..thick grass..thin grass ect..The lawn is not consistant w/what i think a lawn should look like..1...I have hard clay soil in which i areate every year..i fertilize when i should..i water every 3rd day in the morning..I used to bag my grass but I dont do that any longer..Fall, i dethatch then re-seed..this is my every year to do list..The next year it all looks good then when June comes around, bye bye lawn.

I do not know how to amend my clay soil to help keep my grass alive..When i mow with my rider, my height for cutting is on the highest setting of 6 w/6 positions to choose from..any setting lower and all i see is straw and thin dead grass..I dont think my soil is capable of sustaining grass w/o fertilizer natural or synthetic..

This happens every year for the past 4 since we had a house built..

Comments (7)