SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Nodding plate flower and a WIP

concretenprimroses
14 years ago

I replaced the plate flowers that the GEii had failed on the pipe elbows with other. I figure they will make it through the winter then I'll check the ge ii. One of them is this bell flower shaped one. I'd like to make more this shape and figure out how to have them all on one stem.

{{gwi:192581}}

When I made some concrete objects recently, I made 2 mushroom stems. I had gotten some little plastic toy cheerleading cheer cones at Family Dollar I thought the shape was perfect for mushroom stems. I stood them up in a bucket with a little mulch in the bottom.and put a 9 inch nail down the middle with the head of the nail sticking into the mulch so it would stick above the stem, and the pointy part sticking out of the bottom (which was facing up when I put in the concrete) of the stem to stick it into the ground. Here is a pic of the plastic cone, and two stems, one with a little button cap just stuck on it to give you an idea. I also carved lines into the stems to make them more realistic. I've got something to use to make caps and plan to do so next week.

{{gwi:173165}}

kathy

Comments (11)