SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinfoilhat

Two Aquatic Critters and One Not

tinfoilhat
9 years ago

Buster Crab, made from differential cover, horseshoes, wrenches, and chain.
{{gwi:190731}}

Samantha Snail, made from planter wheel, pipe, engine rocker arms, washers, and concrete nails.
{{gwi:190733}}

And on an unrelated but aquatic related theme.

I have a small river a 1/4 of a mile from my house. After the rains this week it swelled into a lake and part of my backyard.
This was the scene just before dawn after most of the lake receded.
{{gwi:190735}}

{{gwi:190736}}

I had Muddy Waters on my mind and I was thinking I might have to build a blues guitarist when I finish the blind sax player I have on the welding table. The remnants of an old Muddy Waters song were just creeping into my mind when the blues' guitar sound was shattered by the sounds of a distorted synthesizer and Simon and Garfunkel crying out, "Save the Life of my Child."

He just looked so pathetic bobbing out there in the water. I sighed why me lord and waded in to get him. Not before waking up my film crew to document the heroic moment. She was not a happy camper. After I rescued the tortoise I mentioned banana pancakes seemed like a fitting reward. Not even in your dreams she said, mumbled something about virtue being its own reward and went back to bed. I'm asking you, does a bowl of soggy corn flakes seem like a just reward for my life saving feat?
{{gwi:190737}}

And now I'm back to work, my to do list has gotten incredible longer.

Comments (14)