SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aesir22

Strangely behaving grape

aesir22
15 years ago

Hi everyone,

My grape seems to be behaving oddly.

A month ago it was a two inch stick in the ground that was partially brown and partially green inside. I left it alone in a sheltered spot in good sun, hoped for the best but prepared for the worse.

I added superthrive (not wanting to start a debate - never used it before and had some lying around). I kept the potting mix moist, letting it dry out a bit before watering again like I do with my citrus.

Then buds started to form on it, and I was thrilled. After a couple of weeks, it looked like this:

{{gwi:125079}}

Now, two weeks on, with two more water and superthrive waterings, it looks like this:

{{gwi:125080}}

Different angle:

{{gwi:125081}}

It is growing little clusters of fruit on it. I'm in North England, where the weather is really anything but nice, but it seems to be thriving. Is this normal? I am normally found on the citrus forum, but I love this little thing now and I don't know how to deal with it, especially over winter lol.

Anyone got any tips on how to see it through the winter or why it has set fruit? (Hoping not due to stress so trying to continue its genetics!)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH