SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greengrass_2007

Milk, Baking Soda or Cornmeal

greengrass_2007
16 years ago

Hello all!

I'm back with another question...I posted yesterday "Fungus on Lawn--HELP". I think it is agreed from my photos posted yesterday that I have either Dollar Spot or P.blight. I'm thinking the former because it hasn't spread rapidly per se, but rather fairly steadily---stopping and starting with the weather. We did a N fertilizer (the landscaper) and it did seem to help but this weather is really keeping the condiditons too favorible. I saw the rapid start-up again with all the night rains and hot weather.

Also, I've noticed quite a few yards in our neighborhood with classic looking dollar spot and since the white cottony stuff can come with dollar spot too I'm thinking (and hoping) that is what I have and not p.blight. I guess it is in the air around here!!!

So, now my next question is whether I should go with milk, baking soda or cornmeal. I know with baking soda I will need to reestablish the beneficials, and with milk and cm I'd be fine. The downside of cm is the startup time. I want to take action fast becasue I'm really seeing a decline in the lawn. I think the milk or baking soda would be a quicker response time.

What is the ratio for the milk? How many tablespoons per gallon? Is 2% milk fine?

I think it was 3 oz baking soda per 1 gallon h2o?? Correct?

Which would you use--cornmeal, milk or baking soda and why?

Thanks again to all you have helped me so far.

Kelly

Comments (9)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner