SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

The Best Garage Sale I've EVER Been To

kirkus
16 years ago

With the school year starting and helping out my brother, things have been busy so I haven't done much in my gardens lately and haven't posted much. I HAVE to post tonight after the I visited the BEST garage sale ever! I hope I don't bore you with my pictures and stories. It's just that I'm soooo excited about my finds!!!

Every Saturday morning, my 7 year old daughter and I try to go to a few country garage sales. We stopped at one Saturday morning. The garage sale was WAY out in the mountains, and the owner said she was moving and wanted to get rid of everything at cheap prices. What great deals! I spent a total of $14...NO KIDDING! I took my wife back twice, and Carol kept saying, "Your Garden Web friends would love this sale!" Here are my finds!

This windmill was my favorite. I paid $2 for it!!! Can you believe that? I found it and these 2 birdhouses in the very back of a storage shed, covered with cobwebs! I paid $1 each for the birdhouses. The first one has a chain but looks like a planter box with a birdhouse on each end. What would you do with it? It has some birdseed left over in the center part but I think I'll use it as a planter box for our covered porch. It reminds me of the double-sided llama in Dr. Dolittle! LOL

{{gwi:187153}}

{{gwi:187154}}

{{gwi:187155}}

I found this desk chair in a dark workshop. Used a flashlight to find my way around. I've been looking for one for my work area...$1!!! It has such character! The little birdhouse chair was 50 cents.

{{gwi:187156}}

The owner gave me the rusty saw blades and horseshoe. Any ideas on how to use the blades? Thought of making flowers with them but I have small children and the sharp points would be dangerous. A windchime at the edge of our woods (away from the children of course!)? When I said I wanted to use the bowling balls for garden art, the owner GAVE me those as well. I want to use the black one as a penny ball. The yellow one looks marble-like. I'll probably keep that one just like it is! I paid 50 cents for the old iron and 25 cents for the old hoe. The old box will be for my outdoor art junk supplies...$1!!!! The walking stick on top of the box has an antler on it. It's so cool! I splurged and paid $2 for it. :o)

{{gwi:187157}}

{{gwi:187158}}

I loved this little WELCOME wind spinner for 50 cents and this artsy birdouse for $1. The owner gave me the ladder when I told her I could use it as a trellis. She was an INCREDIBLY nice lady!

{{gwi:187159}}

{{gwi:187160}}

{{gwi:187161}}

We also bought LOTS of household items! Like I said, it was a GREAT sale! I can't believe we only spent $14 for my garden treasures plus household items. I'm still talking about it to anyone who will listen!

To top it all off, we stopped at a little country store near us on our way home, and found these scarecrows for $7 a piece for our front porch. Pretty cute, huh? That's my daughter holding my walking stick! A GREAT DAY! Kirk

{{gwi:187162}}

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!