SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phortres

Just Getting Started With My Lawn

phortres
16 years ago

First let me say, I've read through MANY of these posts and find the friendly exchange of information absolutely incredible. THANK YOU for all of you who help out and share such valuable and helpful information.

We purchased our home 1 year ago. The yard was poor (to say the least). Our home is part of a new neighborhood that was developed on old farm ground. Our yard was one of the few that didn't get a fresh layer of sod. When we bought the house, it had been lived in for 6 months and nothing had been done to the yard.

Last fall, I rented a dethatcher (overseeder) and went to town. I went over the yard 3 times, raked up the thatch, then went over 2 more times only adding Scott's Premium seed to the hopper the last 2 passes. With a tremendous amount of ice/snow this winter and rainfall this spring, the yard has really perked up.

Early spring, I spread Scott's Weed & Feed and avoided broadleaf stuff, but I'm still fighting this light colored blade stuff. I can add more pictures if these aren't good, but could someone help me identify and resolve? If anyone could help with a basic plan of action of what I need to do to continue on this yard journey, I would greatly appreciate it!

{{gwi:97465}}

{{gwi:97466}}

Comments (3)