SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnyca_gw

Great potting bench with picnic table!

sunnyca_gw
12 years ago

Does anyone get "This Old House' magazine? July 2011 issue page 15 has such a neat & easy potting bench to do out of that old redwood picnic table & benches. Tarja Varis of Redwood city Ca. came up with it & I think it looks terrific. I have the magazine my friend loaned me but I don't know how to show it. Does anyone have it to show others that might have a picnic table sitting around collecting dust out back? The benches are stacked on top(of each other) on the table so that makes 2 shelves. She added end boards that look to be 1 in.thick by 10 or 12 in. wide by height of the table plus each of the 2 benches plus the 3 -2x4 by about 30-36 in. long stacked (stacked 3 high these are attached to bottom of table legs for stability & so bench is comfortable height to work from. She completed it by putting some pieces up & down on back that are 1 in. thick by 5 or 6 in width in 4- 5 places.Everything screwed in place! Looks very functional & hope someone has the magazine & can post the pic.!On the ends she added a couple of hooks for hanging things up, like small tools! Classy recycle job, that is for sure!! Jan

Comments (14)