SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamapinky0

Kitchen table/ picnic table

mamapinky0
6 years ago

Since my kitchen set has seen better days...much better days I have decided to replace it with a classic style picnic table and two unattached benches. 6foot long so it will be plenty big enough for all 5+ of us and be roomy enough for the boys to do homework and game playing. Mike (hubs) will build it himself along with the boys lending a hand. Of course we won't be using any high end wood but rather just lumber from lowes. Sand and paint high gloss white. I have a gift card to Lowes from my cousin for 150$ so nothing out of my pocket. Mike built a outdoor picnic table about 20 years ago and other than restaining every five years it has been great. A picnic table will not look out of place in my vintage style. I've thought about this for awhile now since the last repair on my poor chairs lol. I need something large providing plenty of elbow room and CHEAP. This will fit my needs well. I will of course make seat cushions but I have to decide if I want just one long one on each bench or two shorter ones. I realize some of you may think this a silly idea but I gotta do what's in my budget (that's a laugh) besides I like the idea. We do eat all meals at the kitchen table except holidays and special occasions so a table is a must. I'm attaching a pic of what Mike will build.

Its the top right picture.

Thoughts?

Comments (41)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio